Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Logo's


Our 5th Project was to design 4 Logos.

South Africa is such a diverse and colorful Country that I decided I would bring some really bright colors into the logos. Of course the African sunsets are always shown because they are so beautiful, so I decided to use those colors as well.

I thought of drawing the outline of South Africa but decided that it wasn't as recognizable as the Continent of Africa, so drew Africa instead.

I drew an Elephant outline which I used in all my logos, because I have a love/hate relationship with elephants, They are so unique in size and intelligence, but I don't want to get too close as their size and strength is very intimidating.

In this logo I copied the elephants and resized them to give continuity to the design by moving it across Africa.


















This was a different version of the logo, where I tried different backgrounds and colors.



















This logo was really fun to create. I started off with a simple design, just using the different colors and playing around with the tools and shapes.

No comments: